About the Faculty

History

Responsive Image
The first steps in establishing this prestigious university were taken in March 1972, based on a joint treaty between the governments of Iran and France. The Council for the Development of Higher Education in its ninety-fourth session finally approved the license to establish Bu Ali Sina University in Hamedan on December 6, 1973. After that, it was officially established in 1974 and began its educational activities in 1976 by accepting about 200 students at associate and bachelor's degrees in four complexes: agricultural extension, health sciences, environmental sciences, and educational sciences. 
Bu Ali Sina University was established in December 1973 with the issuance of a license by the Council for the Development of Higher Education, and in 1976 it began accepting a full-time master's degree program in chemistry education. 
With the victory of the glorious Islamic Revolution in February 1978 and the change in strategic policies in higher education, the work continued with the admission of undergraduate students in the fields of pure chemistry, applied chemistry, and chemistry secretaryship. In 1980, the admission of students to the master's degree program began, and in 1994, the admission of students to the doctoral degree program in the fields of organic chemistry, physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and applied chemistry began. With the improvement of the quantitative and qualitative level of human resources and research and educational equipment, the Chemistry Department was upgraded to the Faculty of Chemistry in June 2006. In line with the development of the Faculty of Chemistry at Bu-Ali Sina University, in 1401, the name of the Faculty of Chemistry was changed to "Faculty of Chemistry and Petroleum Sciences" and the establishment of the "Petroleum Sciences" Department was approved in the second regular meeting of the ninth term of the Board of Trustees of Bu-Ali Sina University. Currently, 31 faculty members in various fields are working with this faculty (seventeen full professors, seven associate professors, seven assistant professors). This faculty is equipped with all educational laboratories at the undergraduate level and research laboratories (organic, inorganic, applied, analytical, physical chemistry) at the master's and doctoral levels, and various types of equipment. In 1401, approximately 350 undergraduate students, 200 master's students, 150 doctoral students, and 10 postdoctoral researchers are studying in this faculty.